The City of St. Charles School District will REACH, TEACH, and EMPOWER all students by providing a challenging, diverse, and innovative education.
The City of St. Charles School District will be an educational leader recognized for high performance and academic excellence that prepares students to succeed in an ever-changing global society.
We, the City of St. Charles School District community of students, parents, staff, and patrons, value:
High quality education for all students which includes:
- Lifelong learning from early childhood through adult education
- Rigorous learning experiences that challenge all students
- Instruction that meets the needs of a diverse community
- Respect for all
- Real world, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to prepare students for the 21st century
- Developing caring, productive and responsible citizens Strong engagement of family and community
- A safe, secure and nurturing school environment
High quality staff by:
- Celebration of individual success
- Collaboration with parents and community stakeholders
- Exploration, innovation and creativity
Informed decisions that are:
- Hiring and retaining highly qualified and invested employees
- Providing professional development and collaboration focused on increasing student achievement
- Empowering staff to use innovative resources and practices
- Focused on student achievement
- Data driven
- Considerate of all points of view
- Fiscally responsible
For planning purposes, five overarching goals have been developed. These goals are statements of the key functions of the school district.
1. Student Performance:
Develop and enhance quality educational/instructional programs to improve student performance and enable students to meet their personal, academic and career goals.
2. Highly Qualified Staff:
Recruit, attract, develop, and retain highly qualified staff to carry out the District’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
3. Facilities, Support, and Instructional Resources:
Provide and maintain appropriate instructional resources, support services, and functional and safe facilities.
4. Parent and Community Involvement:
Promote, facilitate and enhance parent, student, and community involvement in District educational programs.
Govern the District in an efficient and effective manner providing leadership and representation to benefit the students, staff, and patrons of the district.